Crazy weather

jestep

They said the wind was blowing steady at over 70 mph, so stay home in this case.

They have huge street size snowblowers for the roads as well. This storm is pretty much unprecedented for this time of year and that it came with tornadoes. I'd never heard of blizzard tornadoes until now.

They said the wind was blowing steady at over 70 mph, so stay home in this case.

They have huge street size snowblowers for the roads as well. This storm is pretty much unprecedented for this time of year and that it came with tornadoes. I'd never heard of blizzard tornadoes until now.

calling a tornado as snow blower is kinda clever, but misses some of the terrifying aspects. unless they are remote controlled to just go down the streets and avoid trees, houses, and power lines.

Just playing devil's advocate here but why is this not on the news?

I just Googled and got the into on the cattle but the only thing related to the snow is 2-4ft. Not the 15 or so the last picture shows.

I think in this case the wind blew it all in this area and when they blew it off the road it made the pile on the sides about 10ft. Nothing that I read stated more than 4ft of standing snow. They also did say that the cow fatalities are likely to be in the tens of thousands.

I've actually lost several family members in SD blizzards trying to save cattle, although a long time ago. You get those blizzards out on the plains and it's almost indescribable. Wind chill can get to 80 - 100 below zero and visibility less than a foot. I've personally been in -60 up there although in December. My hometown in Colorado is right next to the #3 coldest town in the US and we would regularly see -30, but there's still no comparison.

• 5 months later...

Archived