Bulk ro/di water for initial tank setup

ceastman

You may want to look at the cost of purchasing a Ro/DI unit yourself. If you're going to be mixing a ton of water each month for this tank, not to mention the 400 to start with, it's probably safe to assume that getting your own unit will be cheaper in the long run.

Is it a BRS 5 stage, spectrapure, or another? Really depends on the model. Some of the high end ones with a booster pump are 1:1. Most are more like 1:3 or 1:4 with the larger number being the wastewater. Need to fill a swimming pool anytime soon?

Is there an estimate how much waste water I will generate for 400g of "pure" water? I have a 5 stage ro/di filter with new media for each stage.

What's the concern about the wastewater? If it's an ethical concern (i.e., I don't want to waste the water if i do it myself) someone out there is "wasting" it to produce your water anyway. At least if you do it, there are constructive uses that you can control.

not sure when you are starting, but be careful about the wastewater metering average. in round rock and austin it is novemeber - feb/mar. it calculates the maximum wastewater bill through the next year.

not sure when you are starting, but be careful about the wastewater metering average. in round rock and austin it is novemeber - feb/mar. it calculates the maximum wastewater bill through the next year.

+1 on that

RCA has a 60 gal tank and sell for 20 cents a gallon. They loan the tank for free and have a pump they loaned me but you would still need to make five to six trips.

Archived