230g coming out of storage - Round Rock

ceastman

I am currently feeding the following things: ROE - real oceanic eggs (the clownfish love them), New Life Spectrum pellets (clownfish love them also) and roti feast. I only feed once a day and I alternate between the ROE and the pellets. I do the roti feast every other day.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well seems that the emerald crab was hungry, I thought they were nocturnal.

I see my Emerald Crab at all hours of the day, nearly every day. As it gets larger you will see them out in the open more. Chris as one that just posts up under his corals in full view like, "Whatchu gonna do bout it?"

your feather will probably send shoots through your egg crate, if you care. my c. prolifera sends them up through the bubble traps into other sections. i applaud it's effects and willingness to go the extra mile for it's filtration duties. oh, and probably have pretty dirty water :).

but, i think your feather will do better with a substrate or rock to anchor to. i'm not a macro expert, though.

yeah I will be getting some refugium substrate shortly, it is tough to see but I do have a few pieces of rubble in there that I am working on getting the feather and proliferia to attach to. BRS didn't have the 12lbs of the Fiji mud so I'll have to wait a bit.

Also I am hoping with the segmentation I will be able to track growth patterns better.

Added 50lbs of live rock from saltwaterfish.com - round the world combo pack - Tukani Rock, Tokota Rock, Caribbean Rock and Fiji Premium Rock

Notice - no aquascaping - just got it into the water, added the rubble to the refugium

post-3417-0-85309300-1389319246_thumb.jp

post-3417-0-44947300-1389319265_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Cleanup crew is a fun first addition to the tank after it sitting empty so long while cycling. It's nice to see live things crawling around in there.

I'd aim for supplementary feeding for the tiger tail if possible. They usually need some stuff to build up in the sand before they can sustain themselves. I've read about 3-6 months before introducing. Afterwards, they will grow like crazy. I've had mine split up to 5 times already in my tank in the last 2 years. Maybe try some of those pellets in front of where they are eating.

For pellets I have the new life spectrum that sink, They way I feed is that I turn off the water motion pumps and put the pellets into a bulkhead fitting that is in the middle of tank (not sure why its there but oh well). A minute or so later the pellets start floating down out of the fitting, some make it to the sandbend. I like doing it this way so I don't have to turn off my return pumps and the pellets are not floating so they don't just go down the overflow.

For the supplemental feeding - is the new life spectrum good for them? If so will a small pvc pipe cut to the depth of the sandbed work? put the pellets in the top and then they would float out the bottom to where Aunt Annie is (my kids wanted me to the cucumber - so my wife suggested that it looks like a pretzel.....)

That system sounds like a good way for you to direct the pellets to the sandbed. In all honesty, its a toss up whether it will eat it or not but its worth a try. I think their typical diet is detritus and bacteria that have grown along the surface and within the pore spaces of the sandbed media. I dont think it would hurt to feed it pellets to supplement its nutrition for now until your sandbed gets established.

Archived