WT Borrow AI Sol Power Supply

Planeden

My AI Sol lights went out yesterday. There is suspicion that it may be a power supply. I have been able to test the controller and controller cable, so I know that it is either the power supply or the lights.

If anyone (preferably in south austin) has AI Sols and are willing to help me out, please let me know. I can just take my light to your place, plug them in and be on my way. All i can really offer at this point is gratitude, an IOU for a frag (may be a while), or a discount on a kitten.

Sorry I'm not south but your welcome to swing by my place. Should be home around 5:30pm.

thanks richard. it turns out that RCA (also not south) sells them and has the Vega in stock. They use the same power supply, so they are going to be nice enough to let me take them there and see if we can figure it out. it is especially nice considering that they can't sell me a power supply. of course, if it is the light i may be buying a light while i'm there.

maybe they will have a nice coral or something i can pick up :). "but honey, they did me a favor, so i had to buy SOMETHING".

thanks everyone. I took my light and system over the jake at RCA and he tested it with a Vega power supply. He had a used one that may be faulty that i got from him. It should get me by until i can get one from AI or try goodwill or radio shack for one that meets the requirements.

can't say enough about Jake. he helped me basically for free, and just happened to have something that could tie me over. even offered to let me just borrow it, but it was easier to pay a fair discounted price for it.

he was also nice enough to sell me a few frags :). i'll post pictures of the later. but special shout out to RCA, for those of you that don't, you should support him.

Archived