Water Temp Rising

Rjohn

My water temperature is slowly rising. It is about 80. I put another fan blowing on the sump and it is still slowly rising. My return pump is getting kinda old. I am using a Mag9.5. Could the rising temperature indicate that the pump is going out? Any suggestions for a quiet, cool running return pump?

Thanks

Ric

If you take the pump apart and check the impeller to make sure it isn't gummed up with calcium build up. I had a similar problem with my mag 9.5 before it stopped working all together. When I took it apart the impeller shaft was seized to the magnet and prop, a good soaking in vinegar freed it up and now the pump works like a charm. HTH

The pump is definitely the problem. I turned it off and the temp dropped a degree in 15 minutes.

Was it all gummed up or was it something else? From what I know there aren't a whole lot of moving parts to the mag pumps and they are pretty much built like tanks and will last a long time with some maintenance of the impeller parts. Hope you got your issue fixed and the tank back up and running.

Archived