Snowflake eel 16-18 inches

Choptrucks

So here's the deal guys and gals. My eel has outgrown my tank and putting a little more nitrates in the tank than I want so I need to give him a better home. He is in a reef tank does not go after any of my fish. He eats frozen krill and silversides about 5 in one sitting lol.... Then here come the added nitrates... Coral is taking a beating the last few months from all the ups and downs of it. I can send pictures better through my phone but I'm asking 30 bucks for him or a trade Sps Lps or zoas of choice.. LMK on here or call text at 281 734 6202 thanks a lot everybody... Will

Snoflake Eels are good with comunity fish. They can be taught how to eat out of hand in just one short week. Awesome creatures. It is good to have a 55 gallon tank or more, as the will add nitrates, and phosphates from the quantity of food they eat. They can even be taught to be held. I miss my Eelio Estavez. :-( RIP

Yeah hes been a great addition to my 65 gal for 8 months now, but i would like to see him in a fish only tank but dont have the space for another aquarium. But I know he'll get a great home here on ARC. Is that buttering up anybody lol? .... lorrie has dibs at the moment.Thanks yall

eel keeper: yeah I was feeding him out of my hand for about 3 months then it turned into a bad idea when i realized how sharp his teeth are and latched onto my finger, and when you go into the tank to move something and it needs the feel of a hand, then he comes after your hand because he thinks your food. Thats when you move to the grabbers after that. lt wont be my last eel thats for sure.

No he let go pretty fast, and I'm a ford tech so he did draw blood but if he would have but harder he would have ripped me up pretty good... I really hate to get rid of him but it's in the interest of the eel ya know... What do u feed yours when their that big grim?

He eats scallops and jumbo shrimp from heb about 8. I get minnows from the bait store about 2.5 inches and he will eat around 20 to 25 every 2 days. Gets expensive feeding eapically with the other fish in there with him. But hes pretty cool

WOW.... that's a lot of food for one fish... what

He eats scallops and jumbo shrimp from heb about 8. I get minnows from the bait store about 2.5 inches and he will eat around 20 to 25 every 2 days. Gets expensive feeding eapically with the other fish in there with him. But hes pretty cool

wow thats a lot of foof for one fish. What size tank are you keeping him in?

Hey everybody I'm coming to Austin tomorrow to get a few things if anyone can trade or wants to purchase the eel i can deliver it to austin and meet me at aquadome or fishy business if anybody wants the eel. price drop 20$ or some choice zoas sps lps just let me know. just wanting to get this fish a better home. Thanks Will

Hes in a 120 since he was about 2' but I cant get a bigger tank until I move I live in a pier and beam house since im on a hill because of the lake and if I barely jump in front of the tank it wobbles pretty good. But here in about 6 months ill be moving and upgrade to a 300-400g predator tank. Hope you find a home for him I lost my first eel a snowflake by not having a hood sad day

Archived