Hunting Rifles

Stephen

Nice pics y'all!

I shoot a Savage .223 with open sights. Yes, I AM a billy-badass with open sights :) And remember folks, bullet placement trumps both mass and velocity (who can name the author of that quote?)

I do a lot of brush hunting. so a huge amount of knockdown power is just not needed. However, when needed, the .223 can reach out and touch something. It's a very flat shooting gun, but not a lot of punch once you get out there a ways.

Open sights are great! That one was grabbed at 95-110 yards with a 12 gauge slug

Nice pics y'all!

I shoot a Savage .223 with open sights. Yes, I AM a billy-badass with open sights :) And remember folks, bullet placement trumps both mass and velocity (who can name the author of that quote?)

I do a lot of brush hunting. so a huge amount of knockdown power is just not needed. However, when needed, the .223 can reach out and touch something. It's a very flat shooting gun, but not a lot of punch once you get out there a ways.

Open sights are great! That one was grabbed at 95-110 yards with a 12 gauge slug

A shotgun barrel is an extreme example of an open sight, lol. At 100 yards, that is mighty fine shooting. Patrick

Nice pics y'all!

A shotgun barrel is an extreme example of an open sight, lol. At 100 yards, that is mighty fine shooting. Patrick

Thanks :-) the three days of target practice paid off. Upon field dressing I found both lungs punctured and the heart in a million pieces. The barn cats loved the stew that night Haha.

wow! hell of a shot bio. i would hate when hunters at the ranch i worked would gut shoot deer at ridiculously close distances. it was my job to field dress and quarter (sometimes debone for those who flew in) their deer, as any hunter knows it sucks to work on a gut shot deer.

wow! hell of a shot bio. i would hate when hunters at the ranch i worked would gut shoot deer at ridiculously close distances. it was my job to field dress and quarter (sometimes debone for those who flew in) their deer, as any hunter knows it sucks to work on a gut shot deer.

Man that would be terrible. First deer I dressed I got too deep and I'd never wanna work on one line that

I have a buddy that has a .50 BMG. We took it out for a spin and at 700 or so yards we were turning rocks the size of my head into tiny pebbles. Freaking awesome but I'd hate to have to scrape up the left overs of a deer after getting hit with it.

Archived