Pipe Mounting Clamps

flexpvc

Hello,

We'd just like to let everyone know about these pipe mounting clamps we sell. We import them from Europe and think they are pretty slick.

http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=Pipe-Mounting-Clamps

SuperMoutingClamp.jpg

They anchor with a single screw and the pipe (rigid or flex) or hose snaps into place and holds VERY secure. We have clamps in stock for: 3/8", 1/2" 3/4", 1", 1.25", 1.5", 2", 3" and 4" (IPS, aka Sch 40) size. 2.5" is out of stock at the moment, but should be back in stock next month.

How strong are they? Well each 2" version is rated to 120# pull strength. That means the average person could theoretically use 2 on a 2" pipe and do pull ups. :-) So they will hold your pipes and hoses in place with no problem.

Hello,

We'd just like to let everyone know about these pipe mounting clamps we sell. We import them from Europe and think they are pretty slick.

http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=Pipe-Mounting-Clamps

SuperMoutingClamp.jpg

They anchor with a single screw and the pipe (rigid or flex) or hose snaps into place and holds VERY secure. We have clamps in stock for: 3/8", 1/2" 3/4", 1", 1.25", 1.5", 2", 3" and 4" (IPS, aka Sch 40) size. 2.5" is out of stock at the moment, but should be back in stock next month.

How strong are they? Well each 2" version is rated to 120# pull strength. That means the average person could theoretically use 2 on a 2" pipe and do pull ups. :-) So they will hold your pipes and hoses in place with no problem.

Awesome product! I understand your comment about the strength, but that also depends on how and what they're mounted to right? Can you show a picture of how they attach? I'm thinking I could use some in my stand but want to securely attach them to the thin skin of the stand.

There is a single screw hole in the middle that you can either just run a screw into wood, or if you are mounting to something thin, then you'd want to use a nut/bolt situation. We have some great stainless nuts and bolts just for this.

http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=StainlessSteelItems

The #10 works well, but if you need more length, then you can use the 1/4" stuff, but you'll have to drill out the mounting hole in the clamp a little. Also we have 1.5" fender washers in stainless on the 1/4" page so if you are mounting to fiber board or anything not so stout, you can use them to distribute the force better. The clamp itself (the stand off part) is from 1/4" to about 3/4" thick depending on the size, so you have to allow for that in addition to whatever you are going thru.

BTW, I should mention that the maximum pull strength is in the direction of the mounting screw, not perpendicular to it. IOW, in line with the screw.

Yep, in my situation I can't drill so I would be using adhesive of some sort (the panel is the exterior of the cabinet and I want an unmarred external surface)

If you are using adhesive, I'd recommend bolting it to something first and the gluing that item to the cabinet, because the surface area of the clamp is minimal. (It's hollow on the underside.). You can use a counter sink on a piece of masonite and then a short taper seat machine screw and put nut on the clamp side. Then glue/tape that whole assembly to the wall of the cabinet. It'll make the standoff greater, but not my much.

Archived