Anemone looks to be spliting

Lorie C

If it is splitting, it will do it on its own. You don't need to do anything to help. :)

Be on the look out afterwards though. They usually go on walk-abouts and may end up in places that are less than desirable (pumps, heads, next to corals, etc.)

It can take a month for a clone's oral disk to look normal and to completely regrow it's new tentacles after a split. BTA's are often reported to split when moved or stressed but having had many clones together from the same clone line for quite a few years I can testify there is often no rhyme or reason behind splitting, or at least none I can figure out. hmm.png Congradulations! grin.png

It can take a month for a clone's oral disk to look normal and to completely regrow it's new tentacles after a split.  BTA's are often reported to split when moved or stressed but having had many clones together from the same clone line for quite a few years I can testify there is often no rhyme or reason behind splitting, or at least none I can figure out.  Posted Image   Congradulations!  Posted Image

Ok...well this guy's been looking kinda funny for about a week...has a deviant split look to it but I've never had it happen or seen it so I don't know if it sick or splitting

Has it been in there for a while? Stress or major changes, like a huge water change or tank move, can cause them to split if they're small. If they're huge they'll send out little anemone pups or split which is unrelated to stress.

My stupid green one split which I am attributing to my tank move. Luckily my red ones haven't changed. I'm not a fan of them splitting at all. Just causes problems as the one of them always blazes across the tank.

Archived