Emilaya101's 14g biocube

emilaya101

Hey Guys ! wave.gif It's been over a year since I had my last tank, and I got back into the hobby this week ! Helped my best friend move a couple tanks on sunday, and in return he gave me a 14g biocube ! grin.png

The biocube had a couple problems though, neither of the lights worked, fans had been taken out, no moonlights, and glass is pretty scratched up, but hey, can't complain, now I can just customize it sooner shifty.gif

Well, when I got the biocube home I rewired and wiggled some wires under the hood and got light ! jump.gif

After troubleshooting and messing around with it, I figured out that one of the lights works fine, and the ballast is out on the other, but at least I've got some light to tide me over !

On monday, I ordered two replacement "upgrade" fans with ball bearings from ebay, says they're plug and play, so we'll see how that goes when I get them !

I also ordered my powerhead, was torn between the koralia nano 220 and the 420, but after reading around I'm thinking that the 420 should do fine without giving me a tornado of a biocube, but I'll find that out when I get it I guess *fingerscrossed*

Went back to Austin on monday, picked up 10lbs of Bahamas Oolite live sand, and my friend also gave me a turbo snail, 10 hermits, and a peppermint shrimp !

Oh, and did I mention that he gave me about 40lbs of beautiful live rock ! Traveled with it submerged for minimal dieoff, and it had a couple zoas, a play, and some clove polyps on it that are doing well !

Yeah i'm pretty sure its just under 40lbs, one huge chunk of some rare variety of live rock that is super heavy, another big piece of another variety, and rubble in the back chamber, highest point on the rock is about 1cm out of the water, but the hermits seem to love it biggrin.png

Archived