Koralia 1400 not turning impeller

dapettit

The bad impellers had swollen & seized up. I removed them and replaced with 2 brand new ones last night. I put one in the tank, added power & the impeller wasn't spinning. I took it out of the tank, dried it off % plugged it into the outlet. No love. I removed the cover, added power & it started spinning. OK good, replace the cover, no love. Started to mess with the cover and it would run a little then stop. If I spun the impeller with a toothpick it would spin for a second then stop.

I'm wondering if the replacement is a little longer than the original & it is being stopped by the end of the cover? I thought I might sand a little off the bottom of the impeller, but not sure if this will help. Any suggestions?

Dave-

Dave, how did you get the swollen impellar out. I have several that the impellor magnet has swollen and won't turn anymore and I think that if I could get them out and replace them, they would work again....

Dave, how did you get the swollen impellar out. I have several that the impellor magnet has swollen and won't turn anymore and I think that if I could get them out and replace them, they would work again....

I had to break the shaft off. Then force a small Phillips screw drive into the hole of the magnet. Pulled out with some force. I was split in 2 places.

Dave, just use the hammer! Dave! JUST USE THE HAMMER! Honestly whenever I run into this problem where heat has warped something to cause inconsistent operation with power heads I just throw them away so I don't have to worry about them quiting in the middle of the night or when I won't be around to check on the tank for several days.

Dave, just use the hammer! Dave! JUST USE THE HAMMER! Honestly whenever I run into this problem where heat has warped something to cause inconsistent operation with power heads I just throw them away so I don't have to worry about them quiting in the middle of the night or when I won't be around to check on the tank for several days.

I just might do that if Hydor don't replace them!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got the parts from Hydor. Things are working great except 2 of the 4 power heads are running backwards. I took them apart and the rubber stopper in the front cover is missing. Anybody have some spares the might want to part with.

Dave-

Archived