Reefs2Go Tuesday September 3rd.

Sascha D.

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to try for a group buy from Reefs2Go with a delivery date of September 3rd. The order has to be in by Wednesday August 28th or Thursday the 29th at the latest.

We need $170 for free shipping

Me - $70

Woods - $50

Lenver - $20 (tenative)

Need $30

Payment can be made by paypal or cash delivered prior to ordering.

Please respond if you would like to take part

I can't change the date because that's the only day I have off to accept delivery. The other option would be Saturday.

I'll be putting my fish into a 10g QT and I can put yours in there with mine if you want and you can pick them up on the 4th.

I talked to Reefs2Go just now. They offer a 10% discount on group orders. We have the option to have each person call in and pay for their own share after the whole order is placed. So we don't need to do paypal, but I'm still willing to accept cash if it helps you.

I can't change the date because that's the only day I have off to accept delivery. The other option would be Saturday.

I'll be putting my fish into a 10g QT and I can put yours in there with mine if you want and you can pick them up on the 4th.

If you don't mind holding them in QT till I can pick them up on the 4th. then I am in.

We have easily reached the Free Shipping now with a few added items. So jump in if you want anything as we definitely don't have to pay shipping and we get the extra 10% off for a Group Buy...

Due to the holiday on September 2nd, this shipment had to be moved to September 4th. I have gone ahead and Pm'd everyone their order numbers and amount due. Please pay as soon as possible in order to avoid any delays in shipment.

• 2 weeks later...

Success!!

We received our order today. Reefs2Go was great, giving us a 10% discount and adding some free stuff to the box. There were enough freebies for everyone that wanted them and I'm happy with the survival rate. The fish that were ordered ranged in size from 0.5" to 1". The Osc. Clownfish came in the smallest at 0.5" but had good color and movement. The Mandarin Dragonets came in the largest and had good color and were very alert. The pods that came in with the "Perfect Pair" were slightly disappointing. Out of all of the corals that were ordered, only one came in on a piece of rubble larger than a quarter. Both the Pistol Shrimp and Sexy Shrimp came in around 0.25" and were the tiniest little things I've ever seen. All in all I'd say the order was worth the money paid and the freebies sweetened the deal.

A total of 80 bags were delivered today! Out of those bags, 2 were DOA.

post-2552-0-79505600-1378331384_thumb.jp

Pleased with my order. I wasn't expecting giant chromis for $1.99/piece but they were bigger than what I had hoped. They were all active and healthy and looked great in the QT tank. The clownfish was the perfect size, maybe smaller that what most would have wanted but I wanted it to pair with a large clownfish I already had so the smaller the better for that purpose.

The mandarin was awesomely active and looked healthy. The pod pack was a disappointment indeed, there were only amphipods in there (which the mandarin doesn't even eat anyways) and no copepods to be seen. There definitely wasn't 250 pods in there, that's for sure. I give them at most, credit for 30-40 amphipods. Either way, my mandarin was cheaper because of the "perfect pair" pack so I saved $3 to get a cruddy bag of amphipods. No biggie, I have a gadgillion copepods in my 125-gal display that the little guy will be fat and happy in no time.

All and all, would do again. Thanks for spearheading the group buy Sascha and good to meet you man.

-Ty

Happy with my order as well. The Yellow Watchmans were bigger than I expected for $8 and the Cherub Angels are awesome sized for $14!!! Bigger than most LFS get in for $32-40. Thx for putting this together Sascha!!!!

It was great to meet you guys as well. My goby / shrimp combo paired up immediately and started making a burrow within 30 minutes. I posted a picture on my build thread. The link is in my signature.

I would definately order again, but we'll see how they handle the missing and DOA critters. I'll keep you posted.

One bad thing I can say about Reefs2Go is that they are HARD to get ahold of. All of the members of the group buy had a hard time paying for their order. I had to call back 5 times before I got anything but the answering machine.

I wrote them an email about the lost items from the order 6 hours ago and called twice, but have been unsuccessful getting a response.

Archived