How long do you usually have your lights on each day?

Wade

I'm still in the process of ramping my new Photon 48 up to peak power, but don't really know how many hours a day to keep it there. Right now I'm up to 55% power and it stays at that level for about 9 hours. I noticed that the factory default has it peaking at 100% after about a 5 hour ramp up and it stays there for about 5 or 6 hours and then ramps back down. Is this the usual?

My lights start at 5% at 8:00 and end up at 100% at 1:00. They stay that way until 9:00 and then ramp down until 10:30 when they go off. So a total of 14 hrs or so of light, 8 hrs of 100%.

My lights kick on at 9:00am at 10%, and the blue/uv ramp up to 100% by 11:00. The mixed, white/green/red ramp to 100% by 12:00. They stay at 100% until 8:00. From 8:00 to 9:00 they ramp down to 10%. From 9:00 to 9:15 just the blue/uv is on at 10%. So About 12 hours of light, 100% for 8 hours.

i'd say the 100% depends on what you are growing and your general setup. if i put my lights closer to the surface 100% gives over 1000 PAR. it may be worth noting that the 100% in the replies above may have been a reference to whatever their level of peak is. but, my light may just be way oversized :). The above is for AI Nano on 10 gallon tank levels measured 2" below the surface with light about 4" from the water.

for what it's worth i run my lights at the peak for 4 hours a day. 4 hour ramp up to the peak, 4 hours at peak, and then 4 hours ramp back down to the moon. seems sort of sun-like to me, but i'm new and don't know any better. i may change it around after reading the replies in this thread.

Man. My t5's are only on 50% from 12:00-9:00 with 100% from 1:30-8:30 in the middle. Y'all run much longer photoperiods than me. Maybe I'll start ramping it up next week. Wonder if the Acros would appreciate it.

Archived