DI RESIN

lenver

I've found it at aqua tech, but at 5x what it would cost from BRS.

I don't know about your setup in particular, but in my setup the DI only takes out the last 5-6 ppm. Once my DI has run out, TDS will sloooowly climb, and anything under 15ppm should be fine for quite a while if you have to go without.

I would STRONGLY suggest ordering DI from BRS, you'll get a LOT more for your money, and your tank should be fine in the meantime. A few days of elevated TDS is not going to hurt anything.

My TDS is 003, I just setup this two weeks ago but I screwed up and depleted all the resin, at least that's I think it is.

At first I was only getting 20 PSI, which I tough was too low, checked my pressure in the house and I was getting 60, I tough the problem was the restrictor and what I did is force it more by placing a gate valve at the exit raising the pressure, but I believe what happened besides the first 3 days of running at that pressure it wasn't going thru the RO membrane properly and thus depleting almost all of the DI resin.

Got the pressure fixed and I'm now getting 003, just worried about what it might be since also we're having a chlorine dump in Hutto and Pflugerville, when you take a shower you feel like you just got out of a pool.

If you're worried about the chlorine, you could always use a water conditioner product to neutralize it, but I can see why you'd want the resin sooner rather than later.

I guess in my opinion buying DI from a lfs is a last resort since it can be had fairly quickly and cheaply through the mail. But it all comes down to your preference

Actually I have Seachem Safe and I used it before when I was doing FW, what I could do is treat it with that at 003 TDS.

And wait for BRS to deliver, problem is I also wanted their dual reactor but they don't have any in stock, so want to see if I can wait.

I ordered an extra DI replacement from BRS by accident. I'll sell it to you for $15. It is the color changing resin BRS sells for $13 plus a few bucks to help cover shipping.

Archived