Are all t5 able to be dimmed?

ckyuv

So I got an ati 6xt5 light and it has a digital timer and dimmer on it. My question is can I just use any type of t5 bulb? I want to get the geismann bulbs but I'm not sure if I can just dim any bulb or if ill mess them up

I think dimming t5 and MH changes the light spectrum but not sure

That is correct, but it may not be a big deal.

Lamp manufacturers advise against dimming for fear of poor stability and intolerable changes of the spectrum. However, none of the lamps showed a decrease in stability, no flicker or wandering of the discharge, and the changes of the spectrum were not negligible, but certainly not dramatic. Lamps of either manufacture retain their white color, relative peak heights of spectral lines did shift, but no gaps in the spectrum occurred. Spectra taken at 50% with 30 minutes intervals coincided.

I don't have equivalent data for T5s.

Fig%20Sch%20lamps%201.jpg

Cool thanks for the info, I was gona program the light to get brighter as the day goes on and dim down at night time, I wonder if just 100%on the 100% off would be just as good lol

I'm considering removing the staging on my lights, or at least reducing it to like 20 minutes instead of an hour. Is there any data suggesting that gradually increasing light strength and gradually reducing it through the day has any real benefit?

Also, to the OP, do you already have all giesemann bulbs? Curious why you'd choose them over ATI bulbs to match the fixture. Ati bulbs generally have a bit higher par, are cheaper, and the colors generally look better (my opinion on that last one).

Fish gallery carries geisman. I have not purchased them yet but I have had both ati and geismann and they look exactly the same to me. If the fish gallery has them for close to the same price I might as well get them there. If I have to order online then ill get ati but from what I've read they don't put out that much more par where it would make a difference. I am also curious to the benefit of changing light intensity throughout the day

Archived