Unexpected Benefits of a Chiller

Mlaw

I recently added a chiller to my largest tank. Dropped the average temp from 90+ down to a comfortable 80.

Side benefit is that I'm adding water to my reservoir less. I was running through roughly 2 gallons a day. Now I'm down to roughly a gallon a day. Pretty sharp drop.

While I'm sure the cost savings (I don't have an RO/DI unit of my own so I buy from RCA) won't equal the cost of running the chiller, the pain in the butt savings of not having to add water constantly is worth it!

I went from about 10 gallons a week to about 3 when I went to a chiller. I was able to keep my temp in the right area but am extremely glad I snagged one since I've lost my AC 2 times this year already. My pico hit mid 90's for a few days in a row. With all the SPS in my main tank, I think there would have been some major losses.

Agreed. Its even better when u get a commercial grade 1.5hp chiller and it only runs half the time of a small chiller. I got tired of my 1/2hp chiller running all the time. And now if i wanna go bigger ( take wise) i have the chiller for it.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Archived