Encrusting Gorgonian

Wade

Would it be possible to remove an Encrusting Gorgonian from a frag plug to glue it to my overflow bow box or would it just crumble apart in the process?

There are many types of encrusting gorgonians. With mature spreading colonies, it is easy to determine that. Just do it. In the case of a frag plug with a young spreading start, good luck. Pictures would help. A species name would help.

While I do not like the look of frag plugs, you should consider gluing your frag plug where you want it to spread. It will be covered up by your encrusting gorgonian in a short time.

Cool. I think this species is not supposed to have the star polyps, just the grassy looking polyps. My rock is several inches away from the overflow box so I guess it wouldn't matter which I get since it will not be able to jump ship and take over the tank. I'm think that even if it does come of the frag in chips that I'll be able to glue the chips to the plastic and it will go forth and conquer.

Yeah, that's what I want right there. That's going to look bad *** when it's completely covered! Especially with a wave box. Cool. Thanks for the pic man and thanks for the advice all:)

Archived