What can I use to glue rocks together?

bigmike015

how long do i let it dry before i can put it back into my fish tank? and how do i clean it off? where do i keep it to dry out in the air or in some other salt water, HELP, i have my first piece here and need to know what to do with it.

Thanks

Based on your other post, it sounds like it's recommenced 24 hours, but Capt. O put it back in only after 3-4 hours with no issues. I assume out of any water, but that is an assumption.

Depends on the size and weight of the object and how much cement you used. The more cement the longer the dry time, the heavier the item the more dry time...generally because it requires more cement.

Minimum 3-4 hours. Just wrap it all in damp newspaper and then a trash bag it keep it moist, check every few hours. 24 h is best...re-dampen as necessary

I used the mortar from marcorocks, worked like a charm, dries really fast and is really hard, and doesn't require "curing" in fresh water for weeks. You can buy the liquid and cement needed elsewhere, but I think you have to buy a huge bag of the cement. It worked great for me.

Archived