Hitchhikers I have known

subsea

This Ruby Emerald Crab is a voracious macro algae consumer. This bad boy is being moved into the "Blue Lagoon" where he has much to choose from. However, he had much macro algae to choose from in my Hybrid Lagoon grow out on the South Porch. He choose to homestead on my gift rock of Red Lettuce and now he is vanquished to the "the grasslands" where it is eat or be eaten.

Who would have known that for the last year, my South Porch lagoon was the grasslands with only one pivital fish species, Sea Robin. There are very few ambush predators as efficient as Sea Robin. He was collected at Port Aransas jetties during ARC collection trip. While fishing for bait with 2lb test line, I caught Sea Robin on a gold spoon. I had never had a predator tank and Sea Robin was the perfect predator for me. Since his demise, I have turned this 75G tank into a GOM biotheme of macro rock. I find it interesting to see the progression of different macro algaes.

The second picture is another hitchhiker that has gotten too big and drags everything around making a mess of order. He also goes into the Blue Lagoon.

Patrick

post-766-0-30573900-1371651110_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-12324800-1371651137_thumb.jpg

I have not been able to figure out what GOM means. Since googling it finds mostly your posts, i have not found a definition. so far i have come up with the following possibilities.

Gift of Mermaids

Gobs of Macro

Good Ole' Marinelife

dang, i just figured out Gulf of Mexico...that's it isn't it. well, mine are more fun :)

Ruby Red Emerald Crab seems to be a contradiction of colors. These guys get very big and when hungry, they will eat anything. I observed one of these bad boys consuming a mollie which had been shredded by a pump impeller.

I just did get some Red Ogo from Hawaii. It is splendid looking. It arrived in three separate bags. Two are in outside grow out tanks. The third bag of Red Ogo went into the Blue Lagoon with Ruby Red and Purple Urchin.

The red stuff really looks nice under these blue LED. We shall see how it grows under them.

Patrick

Ruby Red Emerald Crab seems to be a contradiction of colors. These guys get very big and when hungry, they will eat anything. I observed one of these bad boys consuming a mollie which had been shredded by a pump impeller.

I just did get some Red Ogo from Hawaii. It is splendid looking. It arrived in three separate bags. Two are in outside grow out tanks. The third bag of Red Ogo went into the Blue Lagoon with Ruby Red and Purple Urchin.

The red stuff really looks nice under these blue LED. We shall see how it grows under them.

Patrick

post-766-0-48668200-1371678489_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-04360100-1371678547_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-62478600-1371678591_thumb.jpg

Archived