Filling a 185g

Jason & Amber

Don't do it!

Given that you have a reasonably large tank to do regular water changes and you live so far from LSFs, you will find that investing in an RODI system will pay for itself really quickly.

However, I think if you beg and plead, someone on this forum will be nice enough to bring over their RODI system so you can fill your tank.

I have a unit I just got. I have not used it yet and it's sitting in the garage. You can use it if you want but I think they said it needs a micron filter as well as new resin. I have the resin just not the cartridge that holds it lol

Also when I filled my tank I just got water at those machines in front of heb since it was so close

Well it might take you a little bit of work, but I live in Hutto and my station will be ready by the weekend, you can drop by and get some RO/DI, or if you have the saltmix you can mix it right there and just take home already made saltwater.

RCA has a 175g (I think) container in Jake's truck that they can bring to your place. They cleaned my 125g and filled it with RODI a few weeks ago. I think they have DI not RODI, but the measurements are always great. I don't know the price, because I did a trade.

Btw, many people have had no problem with using tap water and treating with Prime, but I personally would not risk it.

Also, before you go thru this effort, have you water tested your tank and plumbing already? I didn't check / paid attention to your other threads/posts, so please excuse the q if you already have.

Yes, very important, is better to test out plumbing with tap water because once you get saltwater it gets expensive fixing it.

Btw, many people have had no problem with using tap water and treating with Prime, but I personally would not risk it.

Also, before you go thru this effort, have you water tested your tank and plumbing already? I didn't check / paid attention to your other threads/posts, so please excuse the q if you already have.

Archived