Condy Questions

Grog

I've had my favorite Condy for about 18 months. She has great colors and has grown but I have a few questions.

1.) How big do Condys get in captivity? She's about 8" when fully open, about 6" here. Just wondering about sizing and how much space to allocate in the future. I've read numbers from 4" to 16", want to know what you have seen....

2.) What is the nodule on the right? There has been no injury, but there are tentacles in the eastern quadrant of this picture that are, well, not tentacles. They are like a clump of tentacles. Is this a split? New tentacles? Something else?

I'm not thinking the Condy is unhappy or unhealthy, she seems normal in her behavior. Just wondering if anyone has any more information.

Special props to my wonderful wife for taking pictures of my tank. She may start posting here. Not too sure how I feel about that though tongue.png

Grog

post-2370-0-72108900-1371612159_thumb.jp

Nodule is not new, but I won't say it has always been there. I'd say it appeared 6 months ago. First time I saw it, I thought it had become tied in a knot.

Could be an injury that has healed, all of the condys have had 'intake episodes' tongue.png Never noticed any injury though. When they got sucked into the HOB filter intake, they kind of deflate, then re-inflate very soon after I removed them.

Fortunately, now this one is in a very calm area of the tank, and the other one is in an area where the flow pushes away from intakes. *fingers crossed*

Maybe it will grow into "Megatentacle"? tongue.png

Grog

Megatentacle vs Megashark! Syfi channels new original movie

But who is going to get the royalties (actually how do I get some of the royalties, after all I posted on this thread and obviously helped contribute to the development of the idea!) laugh.png

Megatentacle vs Megashark! Syfi channels new original movie

But who is going to get the royalties (actually how do I get some of the royalties, after all I posted on this thread and obviously helped contribute to the development of the idea!) laugh.png

and i gave him the idea with my mind powers.

Both my condy and my RBTAs have had misshapen tentacles like that before. Over time they always adjust back, not sure why they form that way but I wouldn't be concerned.

Archived