Lights!

Jmvanness

Going to pick up lights from Sherita here in a minute. A 36" 6 bulb t5ho and a 36" 2x t5ho and 2x mh (250w I think).

I'm only doing softies and a few lps... So I'm trying to find the right lighting for them to grow well and for me to be able to really enjoy their colors. I like the blue-ish tint, but not super blue light like I'm not running white at all. Here are some combos I've come up with through research. Tell me what you think.

blue+

blue+

Fiji purple

75/25

blue plus

or

3x aquablue specials

3x blue plus

or

2x specials

2x blue+

1x fiji purple

1x something else

I'm not particularly savvy about lights, so I'd love to know what you guys use and what you think of these combos.

3 blue+

2 coral+

1 purple+

I used to use the aquablue special and switched to the coral+. The color is a thousand times better.

Coral+, Blue+ X2, Purple+ is what I'm running. And yeah, the Coral+ is a great bulb! Love the colors this gives.

Aquatek is carrying crap now. They used to have Giesemann but no mas.

I've not seen ATI in stock in town since Kingfish went belly up.

Reefgeek is where I get mine, although I'm sure any of our sponsors would be happy to order them for you.

I would always prefer to buy in person at an Lfs and that goes for anything, provided the price isn't more than online + shipping or at least within a few bucks. Being said, I've never seen ati bulbs in any stores when I've gone to visit. I don't frequent them though, being out of town.

I like reefgeek for bulbs, because ati bulbs seem to be set prices for all online retailers (or within a dollar of each other), but reef geek is the one that not only ships ups (which I prefer), AND doesn't charge an extra stupid handling and packing fee for bulbs. That's a big win. I'll only buy my bulbs from them.

The candy was an incredibly strange and pleasant surprise. Awesome getting to grub down on a snickers and twix while installing my new bulbs.

Archived