135 Lagoon

subsea

Initially this tank was going to be a sea grass bed lagoon, but now it has morphed into a rock lagoon. The tall skinny rock in the center front is my interpretation of Stone Hedge.

Patrick

The second picture which shows eight bulb 4' T5 horticulture fixtures. The bulbs from left to right are two 5400 kelvin grow light bulbs at $5 each, four actinic at $15 each and two UV-A plus at $5 each.

post-766-0-69127700-1371300570_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-62393500-1371300597_thumb.jpg

A few more pictures. Presently, I am looking for a home for both Foxface and Coral Beauty. I wish to grow some display macros in this tank. Both of these bad boys eat everything except Gracilaria Hayi.

Patrick

PS. My photography skills could be honed better, sorry. I suggest you come see it in color, in person.

post-766-0-04789100-1371323965_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-25913200-1371323989_thumb.jpg

Any macro that looks good in a display tank. Some high end display would be Dragons Breath and Red Grapes. For economy and durability, I particularly like Gracilaria Hayi as a gorgeous red macro display that is not palpable to Tangs, Rabbits and Drawf Angels. I especially like feather Caulerpa for a rich emerald green dispay that undulates back and forth in slight currents.

Patrick

Wow that tank has sure come along. It's looking great!

Thank you. It is good that I set up tanks to use natural passive techniques. I am a forgetful "laissez faire" reef keeper. I hear some say a minimalistic tank. That works for me.

Kim,

You are in the middle of an awesome tank. Have you committed to fish? I have a school of 20+ Black Spot Cardinals that I have had for nine months. When in schools of appropriate size, these fish are excellent dither fish with their large inquisitive eyes. I think that the kids would enjoy those fish. These fish were bought as juveniles and some have alpha male behavior traits. Within the large school, there aggression is not focused on any one fish. I would say that five of these would be a good social group.

Come visit with the kids and see what you think.

Patrick

• 5 weeks later...

Tanks for hanging out today! Great time indeed. Really like how you're moving forward on this and all your tanks. Hope the new little yellow Tangy is doing well.

("Tanks"-- see what I did there? I should be on TV!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ll car,

Tanks for hanging out today! Great time indeed. Really like how you're moving forward on this and all your tanks. Hope the new little yellow Tangy is doing well.("Tanks"-- see what I did there? I should be on TV!)Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/quot

Tanks for hanging out today! Great time indeed. Really like how you're moving forward on this and all your tanks. Hope the new little yellow Tangy is doing well.("Tanks"-- see what I did there? I should be on TV!)Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chip, you may already be on tv. After you dropped me off, my store manager and the service manager from the Nutty Brown brainstormed on utube vidio series. We are considering a parody of sponge bob in which I will view inhabitants from in the reef and make observations. There will be a trio of oddball characters making running commentaries. You may be an oddball character. Remember to keep Austin weird.

Patrick

post-766-0-54098100-1374387422_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-07170600-1374387491_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have done some aqua scaping in preparation to the next upgrade which will include a 20 gallon surge tank. I have removed almost all rock. With one exception, all the rock in this tank came from bear creek bottom and has been wet for eighteen months.

Patrick

post-766-0-57412000-1377803967_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-72318600-1377804023_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-70257600-1377804105_thumb.jpg

Archived