Chiller

Mlaw

well summer is here and the tank that is built into the wall is starting to over heat. Apparently no one mentioned to the original builder that building a tank into an unair-conditioned space might cause problems.

I need a small chiller. Anyone got one?

i have a aquaeuro 1/2 hp for $400 that i was running on my 190g before i took it down and my ac broke it kept my tank at 78 no prob. used about 9 months and been stored since its about alittle over a year old. i bought it new

foot print on that's a bit bigger than I may have space for. Going to have to do some measuring and figuring and get back to you.

Make sure you're not putting it in a stand or enclosed area. Will dramatically shorten the chiller's life and could end up as a fire hazard.

jestep, that's part of my problem. The tank is built into a wall. The access door is outside. The area the tank is in is therefore not air conditioned. I didn't really notice the increase in temp last year because we had no fish. Now that it's getting hot outside I've noticed the tank is about the same as the outside temp.

I'm installing fans tomorrow and we'll see if that helps. I'm also going to put an exhaust fan in to move the air out of the big wooden box the tank is in. That should help some but I'm not looking forward to the 100+ that is coming.

like outside outside? In the weather outside? Would it be okay? what if it gets rained on?

Wizardx332, does it have a controller or is it just on/off?

It needs to be protected from being rained on and from sitting in water, but you could very easily put it in a small protective building (adequately ventilated) and it would work just fine. This way you're not making your AC work harder to cool the chillers exhaust heat.

Depending on the chiller some are weatherproof you also need to make sure you give adequate space on the top and on sides of the chiller for breathing

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Archived