Probe holder

KimP

Use a block of styrofoam.

I'm assuming the styrofoam is placed on the water and there's no problem if it gets wet? And it just floats maybe?

Just make holes big enough for the probe but not the top of the probe so it doesn't fall thru. I don't like the fixed probe holders because when I turn off my return the top / wire of the probe could get submerged when the sump takes on the excess DT water.

Just make holes big enough for the probe but not the top of the probe so it doesn't fall thru. I don't like the fixed probe holders because when I turn off my return the top / wire of the probe could get submerged when the sump takes on the excess DT water.

That's pretty slick.

Most pH probes are fully submersible.

when i was doing my research when i first started, the advice then, i believe, was to not allow them to get submerged. besides the BRS probes i got back then didn't look too water tight IMO, so i wasn't gonna risk it.

That's pretty slick.

I don't deserve credit as I read about it on RC many moons ago.

Actually, I use a combination of an AutoTopOff bracket to keep the probe where I want it and a small styrofoam block so it floats when needed.

Archived