trigger fish?

Toxiq Reef

I think the clams are probably ok. Not snails though. Someone with a little more experience might need to chime in but from what I've read and seen, mobile shelled inverts are food.

I've seen enough youtube videos to know that it can be done. I'm not sure the sustainability of it though. It'll strictly limit your other stocking. Consensus seems to be bluethroat triggers are the best candidate to try. But those will likely decimate all CUC. Similar to how tangs constantly hunt algae all day, it seems triggers constantly hunt snails and crabs all day. Another issue with anything outside of bluethroat triggers are the fact that many of the other species are so ultra aggressive and territorial. I've got a friend with a 180 gallon with a Niger Trigger and a Picasso trigger, and between the two of them, they've literally killed every single tank mate he has tried to add, almost instantly. I've no experience with triggers, but as fish I think they're fascinating so I've read up quite a bit on them. That's what my research has yielded.

Archived