Large Marine Angels

Derek

Is anyone out there a keeper of large marine angels and have you been successful? If so, what kind of large marine angels have you kept and how long did they survive? Were they acquired as juveniles or adults?

I have a Passer angel that has acquired about 7 years old and a Queen about 3. The Passer was a 2" juvinile an is now about 7" - 8" and is definitely the boss. The Queen was 4" - 5" subadult with faint juvinile stripping and after three years is about 7". Both are doing well on Spectrum pellets.

I have a passer as well that is doing well. I just got a 5 inch queen and it was eating for two days then started hiding. No signs of bullying. I also have a juvenile Koran angel that is doing great. He's only about 2 inches long now but I've had him for a few months. Just seems like the queen is not doing well.

I have mine in two seperate tanks. The Passer is what I would consider a very aggressive fish. It does not "attack" the other fish but it will get right behind them and as they speed up to get out of it's way it speeds up staying just a 1/2" or so behind until they scoot into the rocks. Looks like it's fish speak for saying "I'm watching you!" The queen is pretty aggressive too but it's only tank mate is a clown trigger.

Archived