50% off Season Passes to the Austin Aquarium

http://www.austinaquarium.com/sale/

While they don't open until the winter of 2013 they are having a sale on season passes. Looks like the passes start on your first visit and are good for a full year. Pretty good deal if you're planning on going more than once.

I know there is some controversy involving some of the possible owners of this organization but you know you all want to go see the pretty fishies no matter what.

I just find it hard to believe that die hard aquarium hobbyists are going to boycott the only public aquarium in town. Now what would be really smart would be to open a LFS in the same shopping center. I realize RCA is almost across the street but in the same center would be awesome. "Saw it at the Aquarium? Buy it here!"

I just find it hard to believe that die hard aquarium hobbyists are going to boycott the only public aquarium in town. Now what would be really smart would be to open a LFS in the same shopping center. I realize RCA is almost across the street but in the same center would be awesome. "Saw it at the Aquarium? Buy it here!"

i can it being a pretty good mix of boycott vs. FISH!!!, actually. it definitely lowers my desire to see it, but it's easy to boycott before it opens. we'll just see how it goes.

it's funny, when i was in the Seattle aquarium i wondered if they ever fragged and sold their corals. but it'd be funny for RCA to have a guy standing out in front in a crab costume pointing towards the store all day.

I don't like making absolute declarations before I've had any chance at seeing what's going on. However, I'm less than optimistic based on the owner's history (regardless of whether they end up incarcerated), and the history and reviews of their other aquariums.

Given the history I'd be hesitant to pre-pay anything with these guys.  Caveat Emptor

Am I allowed to inquire as to the nature of the controversy? The season pass seems like a no brainer for the half off. But if there is a good reason to be suspect I'd like to know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk HD

Given the history I'd be hesitant to pre-pay anything with these guys. Caveat Emptor

Am I allowed to inquire as to the nature of the controversy? The season pass seems like a no brainer for the half off. But if there is a good reason to be suspect I'd like to know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk HD

Long answer http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/26897-an-email-i-received-from-austin-aquariums/?hl=%2Baustin+%2Baquarium+%2Bemail

Archived