calling all lighting experts

etannert

As most of you know by now... I'm a high school band director in the Georgetown area.

We'd like to experiment with some lighting on our props on the field. WHAT exactly we want is a little vague right now, but I do have some idea. LEDS are becoming very common as an element in high school marching shows. I don't know how to wire stuff, but I do know A WHOLE LOT of people who are great at this kind of stuff!

So if you'd be willing to consult, design, wire, or otherwise help out with this effort during the summer (primarily in July and August), please let me know!

Thanks!
Emily

I've been out of the game for a couple years but I used to do stage lighting for years. Now the that was all conventional theater lekos, pars, and source 4s,but the same principals apply. Depending on what exactly you want to do I may be of service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk HD

We're more looking to do some lighting effects on props... backlighting/spotlighting and maybe some "stars" for the night scene. The major concern is being able to handle remote power and timing.

LEDs in general are very low power so for a short time period like a band performance power shouldn't be a significant issue. Depending on the effect desired synchronized control may be unnecessary. Otherwise I could see a couple options ranging from the simple to the worth writing an academic paper on.

Archived