Where do y'all get your live stock?

Jason & Amber

I usually go to 2 LFS one of them I have really good luck with the other though not so much. The issue is the one that I have a Lot of casualties from I like there advice better. The one thats fish do better doesn't have a great selection and just one person I really feel comfortable talking to.

I think I have fish in my tanks from all four LFSs. After awhile you learn how to judge what fish you shouldn't take home. Also I have to wonder why you want advice from people who can't seem to keep fish healthy!

I think I have fish in my tanks from all four LFSs. After awhile you learn how to judge what fish you shouldn't take home. Also I have to wonder why you want advice from people who can't seem to keep fish healthy!

That is a good point just seems that LFS is a little less busy and people are easier to talk too. The other one there is one person that is great but lately the other people I have talked to there just really just been pushing stuff on us trying to make a sale.

Im with weseryn, i buy from RCA. No matter where u buy u have to have an eye for taking the healthiest fish home.And if not them, and its a very expensive fish Live Aquaria from the divers den if listed. The already come QTd and have NEVER lost a fish from them.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Before I moved to Austin I used to buy my fish from Pet Solutions. I've always received great products from them in the past.

RCA is pretty good. Their fish are generally clean and their corals looks good. I like that they sell $5 frags. Everytime I go there it's pretty busy and the staff is hard to get a hold of. Once you do get someone, they are some of the nicest people I've ever met in a pet store.

I've never been to AquaDome but I hear it's good.

I buy mostly from aquadome but shop at aquatek and RCA occasionally. I've never had any problem with any store being pushy. All 3 stores have very friendly and helpful employees in my experience, some are less knowledgeable though likely based on experience. Research online a lot before deciding on a fish. This way you're not trying to do in-store research. You know your tank better than anyone else. I typically observe a fish for a while, as well as the tank it's in and the tankmates before making a purchase. If there's any doubt, just pass. I also get quite a few coral from AAF.

Archived