I hate Xenia

ckyuv

So recently I tried the mojano wand to kill the Xenia in my tank. It worked great! It killed every little bit I had..... And now it's back... Everywhere. I can't find those Xenia eating nudi anywhere so my next idea is a propane torch. I was thinking on all the rock if I lift it up just high enough out of the water to hit it with the torch I could cook it! I'm not sure how good/bad of an idea this is. I hate chemistry. Would a propane torch leave any chemical or anything on my lr? I don't think my sps would enjoy a saltwater propane reef.

Awesome idea thanks. Just searching this in google I find more sites that say not to do this in a reef tank than I do that suggest it. I'm not sure I want to go the route of poisioning the tank but this is a good idea if I had some way to take the rock out and do it in a bucket!

Ok awesome please do! I did read that it absorbs into the rock and Sand. That was a quick read not from any site I trust. You just might never be able to have gsp or Xenia again just a heads up. I'm very interested if it works. You have zoas and sps too right?

I've heard some people lost some inverts. I read one person lost a nem. Seems worth it to me. If someone south wants to split some that would be great.

I recently had some luck getting rid of mine by bringing the tank up to 95 degrees for about a week. Didn't do it on purpose but sure dealt with the Xenia

Archived