Lifting a tank

Mlaw

I have a stupid problem. My biocube 29 and stand are sitting on a rug that my wife has decided to replace. I need to figure out a way to lift the biocube/stand a few inches to remove the current rug and then slide the new one into position. I can destroy the current rug but not the new one. Any thoughts?

I've done this for my girlfriend. Drain the tank 75% (think large water change) have new water that is matched to the SG and temp. Get a buddy to stop by and then one on each side, lift. I Moved a cube across the room on the stand this way, make sure to lift the lip/ledge/top of the stand when you do it.

yeah, just emply most of the water. I did this with my 90G! I pulled out majority of the water and rocks that were in risk of toppling over, and pushed the tank accross the carpet with my feet! Didn't pull any fish out. afterwards I just put all the water and rocks back in and let the skimmer go nuts! lol

I have moved full tanks a few inches to 1 ft max, I recommend against it (when FULL). draining some of the water should help lighten it an prevent sloshing while moving. just try to make movements SLOWLY and nothing too abrupt...unless you want falling rockwork

tumblr_mhgcq8jbCT1rve1m6o1_500.gif

+1 to drain it and move it with a few people. I recently did my 50 gallon this way. I drained it all the way to the sand. Moved the tank with 4 people and filled it with the water I took out. Coral were dry for about 10 minutes at most (just for the upper-most ones). Did not lose anything including some sensitive SPS.

Last time I made a suggestion on moving a tank I ended up moving a 750 gallon tank so I'm not saying anything! laugh.png

(Actually for that size tank what they said.)

And you moved that tank like a beast!!!

Nice notes. I think I'll be doing this wih my own tank. It was set up about 2 degrees crooked with the wall so it's not running parallel with the floorboards. Been bothering me forever

Archived