Dosing 2 parts

Jason & Amber

I had a thread that was asking about my water parameters that has since disappeared. In that thread it was recommended I dose two parts for my for my PH and KH. I am looking at getting an ATO (tunze nano) so I can take off the top of the tank. I was going to dose in my top off water and the ATO will replenish it automatically for me.

Questions:

What should I dose with?

Will that work?

If you have aroggonite substrate, it will begain to dissolve at a PH of 8.0. When aroggonite dissolves, because it is a buffer, alkalinity increases and as well as addittion of trace minerals. This would be an automatic process without any control equipment cost.

Patrick

+1. Only dose if you can confirm you're losing calcium and alk faster than your water changes and substrate can buffer. Seen a couple tanks crash and burn through dosing without the need for it. Gsp will consume virtually zero calcium and alk. Even if your tank was full of it. Don't bother dosing until you have a fair amount of sps and lps corals

Putting a about a tabelsppon of Kalk in my 5 gallon ATO reservoir has helped me keep my PH around the 8.0 range where it was hovering arounf 7.8 before. I don't suppose it hurts to dose a little kalk does it? I haven't noticed my other parameters getting too high.

Archived