Email alarm/notice not working

So, the APEX is working well, I can get to the device both from my home network and the internet. When I am on the Apex Network Setup screen the SMTP settings are correct, and when I check off the Email test checkbox and click on Update it does send the test email to my email and the SMS Text. But when the email alarm is "on" it does not send an email.

My settings are very simple in the email outlet. First off it's set to Auto, and it is ON:

post-2161-0-77701500-1368735484.png

My settings for the EmailAim_I5 is this:

Set OFF
If Temp > 81.0 Then ON
If Temp < 75.0 Then ON
If pH > 08.50 Then ON
If Switch2 CLOSED Then ON
post-2161-0-22145700-1368735687.png
I assume I am missing something stupid. Any input/help would be much appreciated!

So, where is the "magic" behind the EmailAlm_I5 outlet? I mean it does run my Off/On logic but that is the mechanism that actually tells the system to send an email? Seems there is something missing. The Outlet seems to be right the SMTP settings seem right, but what is the trigger from the outlet to tell the SMTP "Action" to happen??

Here is the magic:

When the Apex processes the programming for an outlet, the last true statement sets the state of the outlet. When in Auto, the "SET OFF" statement is normally the only true statement, so the outlet stays on. When any of the "If XXXX Then ON" statements are true, the outlet would then be turned on, generating an email.

Here's my programming:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Outlet ATOEmpty = ON Then ON
If Outlet SumpHigh = ON Then ON
If TmpSump > 80.0 Then ON
If Power EB8_Top Off 001 Then ON
If Power EB8_Btm Off 001 Then ON
If Power Apex Off 001 Then ON

Well my outlet logic seems to be working, it is reporting correctly on the dashboard, but when the alarm is listed as on, I don't get the messages (email or text). That is the part I am struggling with. Maybe I need to send a message to APEX support. FYI the same basic logic is set in the audible alarm and it works. My wife was very annoyed cuz it was going off for a while when he temp was too high. :)

smile.png The sound alarms work, and unless you are talking about something different, when I "test" the SMTP settings in the Apex Network Setup screen an email does get sent. I am actually using the SMTP authentication option provided in the setup screen.

post-2161-0-46171700-1368809684_thumb.pn

If Email test is checked and I click the update button (and I include my true username) the messages get sent.

I had a little trouble setting up the email as well. I ended up using GMX, as the major mail providers (gmail in my case) didn't support the way the apex wanted to authenticate. I end up bouncing mail from the GMX account to gmail to get it to work. If you haven't already, check out the official guide that apex has out.

I remembered seeing something about GMX when reading about my new toy, before I got it. smile.png Thanks for reminding me about that. I created a GMX account, and configured the APEX to use it as a relay account. Test worked great, but still no notice when the outlet was turned on automatically. Surely there is an issue with the APEX... well I guess you have to be smarter than a box of rocks....

I went back into the settings, to reset the entries back to that I originally had, that's the way I really wanted it to work. And I noticed something... it was so small and out of the way, you could hardly see it....

post-2161-0-42783000-1368820625_thumb.pn

Come on APEX, what do you think we are, all rocket scientist!! blush.png Guess you have to enable it to work.

Well, sorry for wasting all your time, but thanks for the help. It's now working just the way I wanted, talking to my main email server etc. sending me messages telling me my tank temp is too high! PERFECT!

Archived