Target Mandarin Breeding?

Victoria

So, I've got a really cute target mandarin pair, and they've recently taken to doing to forbidden dance now and then. Got a look at the female tonight and she's fat. Like in an expecting way .... but that isn't how they do it, is it?

Gotcha .. so I need to snag the eggs if I want fry. Well, maybe one day, but with as often as they Lambada, I won't be killing myself to snag 'em tonight.

But with as cute as the fry are, I'll probably give raising some a try ...

Ive been contemplating breeding mandarins. i set up the tank and done lots of research. But havent pulled the trigger. For now its serving as a frag tank

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Its supposedly insanely hard. They eat hardly anything as adults, so imagine how hard they are to feed as larvae and juveniles tongue.png and keep in mind that every time they dance, theyre not releasing eggs. I think these are advanced breeder for sure, as ORA is really the only ones with any success commercially versus the kabillion breeders of clowns and damsels and other demersal spawners.

Thanks, y'all :)

This pair are really great eaters: newly hatched brine, adult brine, cyclopeze and blackworms are all staples for them, in addition to foraging all day long for 'pods. I really don't want to get into breeding 'em, cute as they are, as my approach to reefkeeping isn't exactly ... well, "retentive". But it's in the back of my mind, as is getting a flowerpot for my goldstripe maroon clowns, who also seem very interested in continuing the species.

VV

Archived