Ahoy!

Kaplanm

I figured it was time to say hello. My name is Mike and I'm up in north Austin. I am just in the process of setting up my first reef tank. I've spent about 2 years keeping tropical freshwater fish, but it's always been my ambition to try my hand at reefing.

I've got a 50 gallon bow front coming in shortly. I'm going to start a build thread as soon as I lay hands on it. I'm a programmer by trade and am excited to see some of the arduino builds. I'm vacillating between building my own, and purchasing possibly an apex, or possibly augmenting one with the other.

Anyway, thought I'd say hi, and hopefully I get to meet some of you Saturday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk HD

Welcome to the club! Just a reminder that we have monthly meetings with cool topics and some great door prizes. You joined just in time to catch the one this weekend!

I have a spare okeanos reef controller from Nick Devan on reef central if you want to try it out (arduino based controller)

I'll keep that in mind. I'm a long way from even having a tank up and running. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk HD

welcome to the club

this is by far one of the best clubs ive joined...no bad words or meanings behind what is said when questions are asked

looks like theres gunna be two new guys at the meeting!...yay! i wont be the only one! smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived