led build help

Im not planning on doing this any time soon so im just collecting info now

i have a 120g 72" tank

im having trouble deciding on a color layout ..i know i want full spectrum and id like to grow any kind of coral if wanted...i need ideas on how to get a good blend with however many of each colors

thanks in advance for any ideas and/or help yall can offer

Dustin

Dustin, we've talked about this already so this is more for those that would be interested. I built my own LED system. Because I like a more blue look I used the following lighting spectrum:

50% Actnic Blue

50% White (of these 50% are 6k, 50% are 10k).

Blues and whites are run separately using a POT so I can adjust as I like. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Cheers,

Chad

post-1984-0-41617000-1368482571_thumb.jp

Kidder, youve been alot of help...thanks again

i've been talking to Nick at Build my led...i think this is the way im going to go...he said i should get one acentic and one full spectrum...what im unsure of now is mounting height ..im not going to be able to buy both at the same time so im getting the acentic first and using my h/o with it...the h/o's are mounted at 1' above the water...if i mounted the leds below that im afraid of the shadow it will cast. so...i can either buy the leds with a 90 deg and mount at 4 " above water like nick says or i could get them made with a 60 deg lense and mount around a foot above water...what to yall think i should do? hope this is understandable lol

I wouldn't go 50-50 whites to blues, blues will get over powered easily by the whites. I had 6 whites vs 18 other colors and the whites were still strong.

Check my channel for some color vids, but here's a rundown of my light i made for a friend

Archived