AAF corals

offroadodge

I am assuming they came from Austin Aqua Farms. They sell corals on eBay and are located on burnet rd. but only open like 1-4 on Saturday for you to pick up what you win or browse there selection. They have some nice stuff I have never seen at a LFS.

Where do they get them from?

a few different places, Indonesia-Australia-Marshal Islands.

U selling?

no plans yet, one mille is green base with fluorescent green polyps, one is pinkish red with bright red polyps and pink coralites, the other is yellowish green body with redish brown polyps. Once they color up I will post some better pics.

Nice find! I wonder if the colonies are maricultured or collected? Have you always had pretty good success with keeping big colonies happy during the transition to an enclosed reef system? I never tried but I am curious.

-Ty

look like lived harvest from the ocean. I have bought quit a few colonies from AAF in the past and have never lost one. And usually u get a cool acro crab with them as well, there are 4 in the 3 colonies I got and one emerald crab. They look very happy today, no sliming or browning. Hopefully when they color up I have some gems.

There was a theory about communal crabs, shrimp, and fish that live within acro colonies preventing AEFWs from destroying colonies in the wild and that the prevalence of AEFWs in the reefing community is spurred by the lack of these communal animals in our captive colonies. Interesting theory I wanted to pass along.

Archived