Any bmx enthusiasts in here?

KevinB

Just got my son his first and the memories are coming back from my high school says...and the obsession is starting to kick in.<br /><br />Got him a basic Redline Roam. Being 7 yrs old, the crank was too long for him. He is still learning to ride. Traded the 6.5" crank for a 4.5", which meant it was now much harder to push the pedals. Traded the gearing from 44/16 to 40/18. Problem solved and the boy was cruising our street on it for 30 minutes in light rain today. It's a lot of fun for me, getting his bike set up correctly.<br /><br />Brings back memories of having my PK Ripper in pieces in the kitchen, or shredding my shins on shark bite pedals. I really want a 24" cruiser now!<br /><br />Any other riders on here?

Yea I remember those days, I was more into the freestyle. I've still got my bike in the garage, just watched X-Games a few weeks ago decided to go ride only lasted about 10 minutes till I was about to die. Definitely miss it though. It will be one of the first things my son gets if/when we have one.

Good idea, those old school bikes are starting to command a little more money than they used to. Definately something I would continue to hold onto. What kind is it?

Its a Standard STA the guy I bought it from built it got it on craigslist like 7 years ago for $100. had a Haro Backtrail, I loved that bike and when my buddy got deployed I let him have it. I bought the Standard when I was going to try riding again but apparently am to busy/lazy and get on it maybe once every couple of months.

Archived