submersible fixtures?

(Bio)³

Any chance your fixtures have the ability to be made submersible? I'm looking to find something to mount underwater at a dock and light up the area to attract in bait fish.

I use the Hydor H2show spotlight for my pico tank but it's a super bright light so that would work.<br />

<br /><br />I'm looking for something like the mean green dock light. Giant submersible to drop in the river by the dock. 20 feet deep, muddy, and very dark. Gonna use it to attract in smaller fish each night so the big ones start coming in to eat while I fish :)

my parents fed catfish off their dock for years. they had a giant colony going. Then some guy came in a boat and fished it for 4 hours and took a bunch of them. i'm not sure if they have food for the fish you want, but that worked well for them.

my parents fed catfish off their dock for years. they had a giant colony going. Then some guy came in a boat and fished it for 4 hours and took a bunch of them. i'm not sure if they have food for the fish you want, but that worked well for them.

Yeah we do this along with lighting the area when we have a lake area or a pond. But with the dock located on the river when we throw food it doesnt stay in the are and fish don't just hang around they travel the river. Its so close to the ocean that during high tide the river back flows and allows some flounder and reds to come right up to the dock which is why we wanna light it.

I'm thinking about building a DIY fixture or a few of them and installing multi color LED so I can also use it during parties to make the dock that much more exciting.

yeah, i wasn't sure if fish would hang around in a river. i figured they had to live somewhere, though. didn't think about the food flowing away though. good luck building some, though. i'm not sure how you can make them water tight and keep them cool, though.

yeah, i wasn't sure if fish would hang around in a river. i figured they had to live somewhere, though. didn't think about the food flowing away though. good luck building some, though. i'm not sure how you can make them water tight and keep them cool, though. <br />

<br /><br />River flow, over sized heat sink, and water safe fans/pumps to increase flow at the device. But water cooling should pull enough heat away.

He said the first one was mh. Not sure how that works but the light was hard lined and cemented in place. He said he just bought one from underwaterfishlight.com. It's green and he uses it in fw. He said he turns it on and fish show up.

yeah, i wasn't sure if fish would hang around in a river. i figured they had to live somewhere, though. didn't think about the food flowing away though. good luck building some, though. i'm not sure how you can make them water tight and keep them cool, though. <br />

<br /><br />River flow, over sized heat sink, and water safe fans/pumps to increase flow at the device. But water cooling should pull enough heat away.

sounds reasonable to me. i just didn't want to say so since i have nothing to go on but intuition. :)

Hi Bio. Sorry for the late reply. Our lights can probably survive an IP67 test (submersed 1M deep for 30 minutes). However, you probably need an IP68 rating for this type of application. Maybe in the future :-)

Nick

Archived