opinions on these lights

dieselndixie

175W HQI? JEBO/Odyssea is the only one I know of that makes a 175W HQI currently. That would definitely limit the bulb choices. 150W HQI or 250W HQI are much more common.

HTH.

Odyysea is from Jebo. I have heard bad things, including house fires, about Jebo MHs. However, this was all hearsay so I don't have first hand knowledge. My brother in law has 2 PC lights from them and he has had no problems. I don't know if that helps or not.

that certainly is an unusually good price. i have no experience with that manufacturer. most bulb makers do not make 175w DE bulbs though, they make 150w. it would be interesting to know if the 150w bulbs would run on those 175w ballasts.

that is such a low price that i would be really looking closely at reviews and ReefCentral threads for any experiences. g'luck

well, if its too good to be true...it usually isnt, but I have their PC lights, with no issues....however, it was my first set of SW lighting, so I have no comparo.

I have 265w of PC now on my 55, and would like to start looking for a future upgrade. what suggestions do yall have...is it worth going T5,VHO, or just go all the way and do MH.

thanks