Looking for a friend, well someone to sell me water

scubasteve92

Hey everyone,

I am looking for someone who lives in south austin that would be willing to sell me RO/DI water every week or two. Not really ideal for me to get a system yet since I am in an apt and dont have much room for anything else.

It would be roughly 15g/week (top off /week is about 10g and every 2 week I do a 5g water change).

Please pm or text price and location, 903-2one6-3three90

Thank you,

Joshua

is aquadome not an option?

I have been using them and they are great!! Just want to start controlling all aspects of my tank (i know someone else making ro/di water is not me controlling it..) so that I know what I put in my tank is what I want in my tank. Also, I figure it is not as expensive to make it yourself. I have been paying roughly $0.65/gal. x 15g = $9.75 x 26 (if getting water every 2 weeks) = $253.50 for a years worth of water..

I understand if no one can commit to something like this, so if I do not get any responses I will just get my own system and have it kinda temporarily in place grin.png

You could easily vamp tap under a sink in the apt or off the toilet line very easy hell even off the hot water heater supply line (where cold water goes into the heater to be heated)

If you were north I'd offer to get your water, could easily do a deal where you give $10 a month or something just to cover the cost of the water, plus I've got dual inline TDS and can tel exactly PPM in and out

Sorry, you don't live more North, River City only sells it for $1 for 5g... You would pay $3 per week with them. I am not sure if anyone has ever tested the Filtered water out of the machines at some of the grocery stores, but that might be an option as well? You may want to get some and do all the tests to see how good their filtration is.

I could commit to 5 gallons but 15 is a lot considering it takes 2 hours to fill a jug plus I need to make my own for top off and water changes. Might just cost you more anyway to drive up here.

What I would do is get a $10 TDS meter and check the water quality before you fill so your sure your at 0.

can i just pick up an ro system from home depot or are the systems yall use different if so in what way do they differ?

because ill pick up a system and offer scuba to share the initial cost and we can just share the water.

Hahahaha I would happily have helped you out by volunnteering myself as a friend! But my friend who is also and ARC member lives southside and is supposed to be getting an RO unit soon. I think his is just RO, but I'll ask for you, since he isn't likely to read this.

Archived