Best aquarium tongs?

(Bio)³

I've had a simple eheim grabber/tong since I've been in the hobby and its always been a little catchy, sometimes not releasing well.

Tonight my dog apparently thought he would help me get rid of them and chewed them up.

Looking for recommendations on who likes what types.

I've got these: http://www.amazon.com/PikStik-Aluminum-Reacher-Inch-Yellow/dp/B000H8VPNG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1360940412&sr=8-4&keywords=aquarium+tongs

My only complaint is that they hold water in the hollow frame. So when you pull them out you end up dripping water everywhere, other than that solid product.

-brett

I personally hate my Petsmart/Petco ones. They're always too long for what I'm trying to do and don't open wide enough most of the time.

Good to know I'll stay away from them, or possibly pick them up for an extra long pair

I've got these: http://www.amazon.com/PikStik-Aluminum-Reacher-Inch-Yellow/dp/B000H8VPNG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1360940412&sr=8-4&keywords=aquarium+tongs

My only complaint is that they hold water in the hollow frame. So when you pull them out you end up dripping water everywhere, other than that solid product.

-brett

I was looking at those, I like the opening area and they seem strong.would it be possible to pinpoint where the water is coming from and either install more drain holes or seal it up with silicone? I know its going to make it bouyant and more difficult to control underwater but perhaps I can counter that with some tackle sinkers.

I don't think you could seal it with silicone as I think most of the water enters where the grabber attaches. And since there is a cable running up to the handle the grabber needs to move along the frame for it to open and close if that makes sense. The drain holes is an interesting idea, I think that might work or atleast help

-brett

Archived