RCA Group Salt Buy?

Woods

coralife is usually 35 per bucket during the groupbuy and RSCP is 49.99

IMHO RCA was very good to us!

I would wait until somebody contacts Jake on this.

I was talking to him the other day and he said his suppliers upped the price for the new year.

Should still be cheaper than anywhere else, but I don't think it will be the same 2012 pricing.

Yes, I was wanting to check interest and plan on contacting Jake to get pricing and qty required. I believe in the past we needed 20 buckets to get the pricing. Also I think Coralife now comes in boxes and not buckets. I believe it is 4 bags to a box rather than 3 bags in a bucket so it does 200g of water instead of the previous 150g. I will discuss with Jake and provide details in the next day or so.

coralife is usually 35 per bucket during the groupbuy and RSCP is 49.99

IMHO RCA was very good to us!

I would wait until somebody contacts Jake on this.

I was talking to him the other day and he said his suppliers upped the price for the new year.

Should still be cheaper than anywhere else, but I don't think it will be the same 2012 pricing.

you and your logic

Yes, I was wanting to check interest and plan on contacting Jake to get pricing and qty required. I believe in the past we needed 20 buckets to get the pricing. Also I think Coralife now comes in boxes and not buckets. I believe it is 4 bags to a box rather than 3 bags in a bucket so it does 200g of water instead of the previous 150g. I will discuss with Jake and provide details in the next day or so.

Sounds good I'd buy a box

I was able to talk to Jake, here's what I found out.

Jake is now limited to twice a year for the promotional rates we'd been getting on salt. He utilized the promotion in December for our last group buy, so going forward he'll only be able to offer these kinds of prices twice a year (June, December). Of course you should always talk to him if you need large quantities of salt in the meantime.

ARC will continue to run a thread in June and December for the promotional rate group buys.

I was able to talk to Jake, here's what I found out.

Jake is now limited to twice a year for the promotional rates we'd been getting on salt. He utilized the promotion in December for our last group buy, so going forward he'll only be able to offer these kinds of prices twice a year (June, December). Of course you should always talk to him if you need large quantities of salt in the meantime.

ARC will continue to run a thread in June and December for the promotional rate group buys.

Would've been nice to know in December so we could have stocked up a bit. I only got enough planning on more the following quarter.

Understood, but it's one of those things that is out of ARC's and Jake's hands, he was just informed by his supplier of the limitation. It does go to show that our local fish stores often have to wheel and deal to continue to get us special deals, and it's sometimes difficult for them to compete with online stores. I think we all appreciate Jake's effort to provide these group buys last year and to continue them this year despite the limitations that are being imposed.

Mike, will another local sponsor (LFS) step up like Jake has in support of the club and cover the other 2 quarters of the year? I find that I frequent Jake's store (RCA) often and more than the other LFS b/c of his support for the club...

Mike, will another local sponsor (LFS) step up like Jake has in support of the club and cover the other 2 quarters of the year? I find that I frequent Jake's store (RCA) often and more than the other LFS b/c of his support for the club...

That's a good question and one I don't have an immediate answer to. I'm in constant contact with our sponsors to try and elicit group buys, sales, and other means of saving for our members, so I'll be sure to bring this up during those conversations. Additionally, if any of our sponsors see this and would like to offer a similar deal we'll be happy to help coordinate it.

Announcements of any such deals will be made in the Group Buy forum.

What if we go direct to the supply line and purchase a pallet worth of salt? I will likely need salt at least once every 3 months or so, given that I'm running 4 tanks now.. (How the hell did I end up with 4 tanks?)

What if we go direct to the supply line and purchase a pallet worth of salt? I will likely need salt at least once every 3 months or so, given that I'm running 4 tanks now.. (How the hell did I end up with 4 tanks?)

good Idea, maybe we can just get a bulk discount with enough people prepaying to order a pallet.

Only thing is you might need it delivered to a business address to avoid additional truck fees.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived