OK ph/Kh experts figure this

Dhayden

OK I have been trying to nail this tank down. I just did a 20% water change on the 9th. My top off water is RO with PH of 8.8, Kh 0.

Now.....

7/9

PH 8.1

Kh 13

NO3 5

Ca 560

Mg 1400

7/12

PH 7.9

Kh 13

NO3 5

Ca 500

Mg 1400

The Kh makes no sense to me. Now this is 930am I tested the PH vs. maybe 3pm so if that kinda makes sense right? does it go down at night? Ca makes sense and Mg has been stable for a while. I just did 2- 20% water changes 2 days in a row to see if I could balance the tank out. My Kh had been pushing 20. Might have to ask Randy this one. Kh isnt supposed to go up right? On its own heh.7

OK ph/Kh experts figure this out
NOT HERE

I would guess that one off the tests was off a little. what is the dkh of the fresh saltwater. the effect of the water changes will diminish as you approach the target dkh. at 13 you should probably just wait a couple of days until it drops to 11 and then resume dosing. if you test daily you can get a pretty good idea of what the tank is consuming and adjust your dosing accordingly