New Anemone

Grog

Picked up a new condy today. Always wanted a purple-tipped one and they've had this one at the local Petco for a while. Figured it needed to be re-homed to my mantis tank. grin.png Colors work nicely with the orchid dottyback and coraline in the tank. I'm loving the way the white on this condy is pure white, unlike my other one which is kind of a flesh tone. The mouth area is more of a purplish hue too. I like it. grin.png

Took about an hour and a half to acclimate it. After I dropped it in it moved around a bit, but during its travels it opened up more than it was in the store. I think it is happy!

post-2370-0-81258200-1360122523_thumb.pn

My condy is one of my oldest living critters. It moves around more than just about any other thing I've had with the exception of hermits.

Interesting point about acclimating. I've been told by many that for acclimating both fish and anemones that you really just have to temperature acclimate and then let them free. My experience with nems is that they expel all their old water when they get to a new tank and refill with tank water. Fish are also much more quick to acclimate than corals. The only thing that I go through multi-hour acclimations on now are inverts. Years ago I literally watched a new serpent star disintegrate after a rushed acclimation.

I was being cautious with the anemone but honestly I did get wrapped up with other activities during the acclimation so it did take longer than normal. haha

This anemone, I cannot say how much it moves as I've only had it one day. My other condy only moves an inch or so a week, kind of adjusting her position more than moving, and seems to like being directly in front of the Auqaclear 110's overflow.

Archived