How about a little eye candy?

Sherita

Very nice Sherita! I need to post some eye candy...purple hooters look just like wow palys. Purple hooter sounds better! ;). Are these all in the same setup? What lighting are you using and are you dosing anything? Just curious...thanks.

Purple Hooters and WOW are the same polyp, just different names smile.png

They are all in the same setup, lit with 2 x 110w vho actinic and 2 x 250w 14k MH. I don't dose anything but kalk in my topoff water, with water changes done twice a month totaling about 15%.

When are frags of these going to be available? These are great!

Sherita's frags of all these and more will be ready for the next frag swap meeting at my house in October,Big Smiles.

Sherita, awesome girl, just awesome.

Thanks everyone!

I'll have frags ready later this year. Everything is growing out right now, and I'm still recovering from the tank crash last year. Once I'm ready, I will be looking to trade too, for those of you who have high end zoas and palys. Looking for: VDM, KO Nightmare, PPE, Red Flame PE, Dark Phoenix PE, Blue Agave PE.

I'll have the nightmares, PPE's, and agaves up for trade.

When time gets closer lets chat. I'll have some really high end stuff ready to go by then. I'm interested in multipolyp frags of all three of those.

The cause was two pronged. First, the city added chloramines to the water without notifying anyone, so my corals were already stressed. Then I had a short in the tank (powerhead) that sent 120v through the tank. The corals couldn't take it.

Standard rodi units will not remove chloramines. In order to remove them, water requires 20 minutes of contact time with 20" of carbon. A standard 100gpd rodi unit does not meet this requirement. I've altered my system by adding an extra housing so that I can run a refillable cartridge that contains catalytic carbon. My 5 stage system is now a 6 stage system. It's setup like this:

sediment filter>catalytic carbon>5micron carbon block>1 micron chlor-block>ro membrane>di resin.

If a standard system is not altered, it will NOT remove chloramines.

One can also use Prime to remove chloramines, but I don't like adding things to my water if I don't have to.

Weird. I've never had an issue and the city of Austin uses chloramines. I just change out my carbon block more frequently than the recommended schedule. I also run carbon in my tank which would help presumably.

Weird. I've never had an issue and the city of Austin uses chloramines. I just change out my carbon block more frequently than the recommended schedule. I also run carbon in my tank which would help presumably.

And you may not. Unless something else goes wrong, then you will find out that your corals have been dealing with low level stress all along. Mine had been handling the water just fine, until the pump shorted out. They couldn't take the additional stress, and I lost about $4000 in livestock.

Archived