Coral Beauty Hybrid?

AndrewT

Picked this guy up today from RCA.... We were shopping for an angel and came across this guy. Jake said he was sold to him as a coral beauty. Definitely didnt look like any Ive seen so we grabbed him. Looks like a rusty coral beauty hybrid. Looks great in the tank. Hopefully he does well in the tank. He looks super healthy so now we wait....

post-641-0-21122800-1359512324_thumb.jpg

Thanks man... He looks awesome in the tank he is doing great looks to be eating hopefully he does well. Also picked up three chromis just to get some more color in the tank

I think they were 4 ea... there were still a handful left when we split... Ive always liked the chromis. Id like to do a school of anthias when we set our bigger tank up

Yeah Ive had a couple before but none with this color pattern... they've always been more purple in the center and with less noticeable striping. None the less coral beauty or not I thought the colors looked great on this guy. He just looked so much different than the one next to him that we had to take it.

It stinks cause I just have a crappy camera phone... Ill see if I can get a better pic tomorrow with my fiancees phone. Could very well be a coral beauty maybe just a color morph...

They were feeding him mysis when we were there. He wasnt eating much when he was there, but the fish looked so neat that we figured we'd get him home and give it a shot. Ive been feeding mysis w/ garlic and and pellets with garlic. Not much luck yet. I know with some of my wrases I would feed live brine and then eventually switch to frozen brine then mysis... anyone think that may work w/ this guy?

Archived