34g DSA Neo Nano

SourDatx

Just heard from my friend out in Elgin, my DSA 34g Neo Nano will be here next Thursday...way stoked! Gonna be a first time for a lot of things, like building the stand, plumbing, making a sump...oh lord I'm gonna be busy. Only have a 10g with a HOB filter and sponge filter power head under a Ecoexotic par 38 3 white 2 blue bulb so the upgrade will be a huge learning experience. To be honest, I have no idea how any of it works. Luckily my friend in Elgin does and I think he has whatever pumps and skimmer I'll need but still gonna be crazy. I'll take and appreciate any help or advice y'all could hand out. Not a lot bigger but definitely taking it to the next level for me so wish me luck and I'll try to keep this thread updated as it comes together.

• 4 weeks later...

Soon, about to rinse my substrate and hang my 2 Ecoexotic par38's. Then finish filling and turn on and picture time. Its looking good though, worried I might not have enough crushed coral. Did get a small 29g biocube circulation pump yestetday and thinking I'll need another but I like it so far.

OK I thought I had this figured but I'm thinking I need help with my protein skimmer/return pump/sump/plumbing :S Not good.....anyone around Pflugerville area willing to stop by and take a look at what I got and how to fix it? Haha. Just thinking at this point I need someone with some experience to put eyes on the situation.

OK so I got this thing up and going and all my 10g transferred, it looks amazing! Still no waterfall but my new return pump is on its way and should be here Monday. I WILL post pics tonight. Its such a huge footprint compared to my old 10g and I got a new fish, a good looking Springer's Dottyback in there with my clowns, all looks very happy and healthy.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my new return pump in, Ecco plus 663 I think, and added a 3rd Ecoexotic par38, royal blue on this one and its exactly what I was looking for. Finally got the right amount of blue to create that nice color pop in a lot of my frags. Time to get this waterfall falling...

take pics and post em in a diy thread. surely this forum can get ya figured out :) I've got mine on a manifold as part of my large system so it feeds off a pump that also feeds other tanks.

Archived