Macro Algae ID?

Woods

Does anyone know what this Macro Algae is? As shown in the picture, it is a irredescent purplish red color and swirly leaf. It grows in a mound and does spread by throwing off small chunks that attach to other places and begin new clumps of growth.

I picked up a small clump from a LFS, but they didn't know what kind it is. It has been growing very well in my BioCube29 and I moved some over to my 180g hoping to have a decorative algae there and my Tangs and Rabbit Fish liked it too much and quickly devoured it. Would like to know what kind it is so I can research it more as I have not heard or seen others with this kind before.

post-1603-0-38787300-1358943405_thumb.jp

Chris, that is close but what I have is not branching like Hayi. It is more like Ulva, with a curling leafy look. I will contact SubSea (Patrick) if I can't identify it in the next week or so. Maybe he will see this and respond...

Let us know what you find out. I have a rock with some of this on it and was curious. It hasn't gotten big enough to really identify but after looking at your picture I am sure we have the same thing.

Subsea can't post here anymore or pm ill send you his email

Subsea is welcome to post here but has chosen not to as he disagrees with club and forum rules. Let's please stay on topic.

Archived